Monday, August 30, 2010

Scott Pilgrim vs. the.. oh wait, PSN is down, fail.

Was watching good game tonight and they reviewed the new game Scott Pilgrim vs. The World available for download over the PSN. I got excited. So, after the show finished I turned the PS3 on and signed in to the PSN network (I chose not to set my PSN sign-in to automatic thank you very much).

"Error 80023107" and "this service is not available in your country/region" is what I got after trying to access PSN - I decided to google.

Googling lead me to this. I learnt that:
  1. there is an official Playstation blog which I have now bookmarked into my trusty Firefox.

  2. Twitter is useful? I literally found the news first on twitter after I googled "playstation maintenance" - fricken Twitter. Makes me want to actually make an account maybe for more of this useful information updates.
So after learning about PSN maintenance, I stopped panicking; I don't think I have fully recovered from the trauma of having my original PS3 slim replaced by Sony due to a PS3 update failure. I am sharing this information so that the rest of you stop shitting your pants, get some sleep, and go to work tomorrow morning at 8:30am.

No comments: